Monday 2 July 2012

Christian Dior – Fall/Winter 2012–13 – Paris

This was Raf Simons debut show for Dior and I was excited to see what he would do for them.






I really like it, it's elegant and classy. The cuts and shapes feel quite vintage and quintessentially Dior, reminiscent of the "new look". It's not flashy or theatrical, but it's simplicity is what Dior was originally all about. I would've liked to see more gowns, but I think the corset dresses in particular are beautiful, and I love the tie dye prints. I don't think it's really amazing just yet but I do like the direction Raf is going in. I was also happy to see one of my favourite models Vlada Roslyakova on the catwalk.

Source: http://www.vogue.it/en/shows/show/haute-couture-fall-winter-2012/christian-dior/

No comments:

Post a Comment